Friday, September 17, 2010

vad er i en namn

People often ask me about my name. I would like to say that it is traditional, but it is not. In fact, although my name is native to Sweden, it is not exactly common.

Maja means "pearl." I once researched it's roots, and a breakdown of what it means. The root "Maj" derives from the month of "May." It is also said that people with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.

Usually I go by my middle name - "Mia." This is a pet form of the name Maria. I more often use this name, as I felt it was more fitting to me. Depending on which meaning you prefer to use, it means either "beloved" or "rebellion." I tend to lean more toward the latter. Numerology states that I am creative, free spirited, artistic, inquiring, innovative and influential.

I enjoy the strong roots of my name. And I hope I am able to live up to it. I remember someone once telling me I had to "make a name" for myself. I plan on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment